Skip Navigation
  • Comhairle Budget 2013-15
  • The EDIC - Outer Hebrides provides assistance, advice and information on matters relating to the EU...
  • Information and advice about child protection, keeping children and young people safe from harm...
  • Working Together for the Next Five Years
  • Blue Badge Scheme
  • CnES Performance
  • Ward Priority Fund
  • Have You Ever Considered Fostering?

FAQS for Elections - voting

Search using one or more keywords


This takes you to the service web page

Elections - voting

A programme enabling the members of the public whose name appears on the register of electors to exercise their right to vote in the election. Providing facilities for voting and counting and declaring results following an election.

Q: How can I vote in UK elections if I live outside the UK?  
If you are a British Citizen living abroad it is possible to register to vote, however, certain conditions apply. You must previously have resided in the U.K. and your name must have appeared on the Electoral Register within the past 15 years. The registration will need to be renewed annually and if accepted you will be entitled to vote only at U.K. Parliamentary Elections.

Q: If I lose my poll card, can I still vote?  
Yes, you will still be able to vote if you have lost your polling card. Showing your poll card at the Polling Station does, however, help the staff on duty find your entry on the Electoral Register more quickly.


Page Last Modified : 24/06/2014 13:49:47