Skip Navigation
We are currently testing a new website »» Preview Our New Site ««

Comhairle nan Eilean Siar


Civic Government Licensing

The Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 makes provision for the licensing and regulation of certain activities. Licences are issued and enforced for a wide range of functions, for example; Taxi/ Private Hire Car Operator’s Licences; Taxi/ Private Hire Car Driver Licences; Public Entertainment Licences; Public Charitable Collections and Cinema Licences.

If you require advice for a Street Trader's Licence, Houses in Multiple Occupation Licences or Late Hours Catering Licence you should contact the Consumer and Environmental Services Department.