Skip Navigation
  • Health and Social Care Integration
  • The EDIC - Outer Hebrides provides assistance, advice and information on matters relating to the EU...
  • Information and advice about child protection, keeping children and young people safe from harm...
  • Working Together for the Next Five Years
  • Blue Badge Scheme
  • Ward Priority Fund
  • Have You Ever Considered Fostering?
  • UK Parliamentary Election 7 May 2015

Carers - support groups and organisations

The social services department provides a list of recognised groups and organisations that provide advice and support for those who are caring for adults or children with special needs.

Frequently Asked Questions

(CnES is in the process of updating its telephone network. During the transition, some of the numbers listed in these FAQs may no longer be available. Please contact 0845 600 70 90 in the event of any consequent problems. )

Q: I care for someone else on a full-time basis. Where can I get help and advice?
For help and advice Contact Your Local Office during office hours.

For further information about any of the services provided by Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, please contact us on 0845 600 70 90 or by e-mail at