NHS inform is Scotland's national health information service that provides the public, patients and carers with a wide range of quality assured health and wellbeing information.
It is a single trusted resource bringing together a wealth of national and local health information that already exists across the NHS and other sectors, in one location.
NHS inform provides information on a wide range of topics. These include medical conditions, commonly asked health questions, specific health and wellbeing topics, such as living with diabetes or asthma, and finding out how to find local services and register with a GP.
People can access NHS inform in the following ways:
- a single shared health information online resource which brings together quality assured national and local information from across the NHS and other sectors.
www.nhsinform.co.uk (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
- the national health information helpline 0800 22 44 88
- a coordinated, networked approach to the delivery of information via a range of services within local communities incorporating NHS Health Boards, local authorities and voluntary sector organisations
- NHSScotland’s Digital Television Service gives people access to online resources such as NHS inform through their Sky and Virgin Media digital television sets
- The Looking Local iPhone app gives access to NHS inform content on the go
- People can follow NHS inform at www.facebook.com/nhsinform and
www.twitter.com/nhsinform and on the NHS inform blog: blog.nhsinform.co.uk
Care Information Scotland
Care Information Scotland is a telephone and online service available in Scotland for people seeking information about community care services for older people.
The service offers a single point of information on the care available for older people throughout Scotland.
The Care Information Scotland helpline is available on 08456 001 001 between 10am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday. (As of 15th August 2012, Care Information Scotland will be open from 8:00am until 10:00pm, 7 days a week.)
The website can be accessed at www.careinfoscotland.co.uk (Opens in a new window or downloads a file).