We are based in a purpose-built archive facility at Lews Castle, Stornoway which opened in 2016.
The archive is open by appointment.
You are strongly advised to contact us well in advance of a visit so that we can identify relevant material beforehand, and to ensure that a space is reserved for you in the Reading Room.
You will be asked to:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before entering the archive reading room
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres during your visit
- Wear a face covering at all times while you are in the building
- Remain in the seat allocated for your research visit
- Bring your own pencil and any other equipment you need
- Complete a registration form if it is your first visit
Please note that researchers will be expected to comply with our Reading Room Regulations (35.4kB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) when consulting original archive material.