Children and Youth Rights Information

Western Isles Council and Who Cares? Scotland promote and support the rights and responsibilities of children and young people.

Our children and youth rights and independent advocacy workers will:

  • listen to you and respect you and your views
  • explain what your rights and responsibilities are
  • help you speak out and be listened to

What you talk to us about is private and confidential and we will not tell anyone else without your permission. However, it is our duty to involve other Services if we feel that what you tell us puts you or another person at risk - if this happens we will always talk things through with you first.

Who Cares? Scotland

Who Cares? Scotland speaks out for children and young people who are being cared for away from home or who live at home but may need protection. They have a young person's worker in most areas.

You can get in touch with the worker for the Western Isles by phoning 01851 202888 or by phoning or sending a text to 07764 145126.

You can also find out more about Who Cares? Scotland (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) on their website.

It doesn't matter which worker you contact as they all will do their best to help you, and they will put you in touch with the right worker for you.