The Scottish Government has introduced a grant scheme to financially help individuals if they are required to self-isolate during the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of the grant is to help ensure people who have tested positive for COVID-19 and their close contacts self-isolate for the required period to stop the onward spread of the virus. A grant of £500 is available to individuals who meet the criteria of the scheme.
Any individual who meets ALL of the following criteria is eligible for a payment from the scheme:
- Aged over 16
- Resident in The Western Isles
- Asked by Test and Protect to self-isolate on or after 28th September 2020 due to having tested positive for COVID-19 or due to having been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- Are currently receiving ,or have been awarded but not yet received a payment of:
- Universal Credit;
- Working Tax Credit;
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Support;
- Housing Benefit; and/or
- Pension Credit.
How to apply
Applications must be made during the 14 day period of self-isolation using the link to the form below. Evidence will be required to verify eligibility.