Recovery Services Available To Children And Young PeopleThursday, 26 July 2018
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Are there any specialist sexual abuse recovery services available to children and young people (aged 18 and under) in your area? If so, please provide the following details:
- Name of service.
- Age range of child the service is provided to.
- Please indicate if you directly fund this service
- For all specialist abuse recovery services for children and young people you fund, please provide these additional details
- Name of the service
- Amount of funding you provide
- The time period for which you are currently funding the service (indicating whether this relates to the calendar/financial/academic year)
Note to FOI recipient: by ‘specialist’ we mean services which have developed a specialism in supporting children to recover from sexual abuse and which spend a majority or all of their time on this activity. By sexual abuse we mean any incident, event or experience which meets the Scottish Government definition:
- Sexual abuse is any act that involves the child in any activity for the sexual gratification of another person, whether or not it is claimed that the child either consented or assented. Sexual abuse involves forcing or enticing a child to take part in sexual activities, whether or not the child is aware of what is happening. The activities may involve physical contact, including penetrative or non-penetrative acts. They may include non-contact activities, such as involving children in looking at, or in the production of, pornographic material or in watching sexual activities, using sexual language towards a child or encouraging children to behave in sexually inappropriate ways.
There are no specialist sexual abuse recovery services available to children and young people (aged 18 and under).