- How many allegations of a) sexual assault and b) sexual harassment has your council received relating to social service' staff in each of the past four calendar years? These include full time employees and contractors.
- In how many of the cases were any of the alleged victims under 18 at the time of the alleged offence?
- In how many of the cases were any of the alleged victims current or former clients/customers?
- For each case, did it lead to i) internal disciplinary proceedings, ii) external disciplinary proceedings (i.e. through a regulator) and/or iii) a financial settlement?
- For each case, please provide a broad description of the allegations involved, including the number of alleged victims / alleged perpetrators; their age (within a 10-year band); the date of the alleged offence and whether the alleged perpetrator occupied a managerial position.
- For each case, please list the gender of the alleged perpetrator and the alleged victim. Alternatively, provide totals for the genders of the alleged perpetrators and alleged victims across all of your cases.
- For each case which was dealt with by disciplinary proceedings, please state how many alleged offenders were i) fired; ii) suspended, iii) received written or verbal warnings.
- Please provide the value of any financial settlement in each case.
- Did any settlements (financial or otherwise) include clauses placing any restriction on the ability of the alleged victim to discuss the events involved - or the council itself? If so, how many?
Only 1 complaint received in 2014/15, the complaint was not upheld.
1. How many sexual harassment complaints/allegations have been made by council staff about co-workers/contractors to your council in the last five financial years 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17.
2014/15 1 complaint
2. How many sexual harassment complaints/allegations have been made by members of the public about council staff/contractors to your council in the last five financial years - 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17.
3. Of these complaints, how many were made against men and how many against women. Please give this figure for each individual financial year above.
2014/15 One complaint made against a female employee
4. Please provide a total figure of how many individual men and how many individual women have had complaints about them in the above five financial years.
2014/15 One complaint by a male
5. What was the overall outcome of each of the complaints detailed in questions 1 & 2 e.g. disciplinary, sacking, warning etc.
2014/15 Complaint not upheld