I would be most grateful if you would supply me with data under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act on the local authority’s transfer of each public building or land which provides, or has done so in the recent past, community, cultural or leisure amenity.
This includes any transfer since January 2007 of the ownership and/or management from the Local Authority to one of the following groups: A charity, community interest or industrial and provident society; Social enterprise; Private company; other public sector body, e.g. Parish council or other local authority; and any other body. Please note provision of the following information will be sufficient.
The details required include:
- Name of the building
- Address and postcode
- Function of the building (e.g. Library, Community centre, Sports facility, Youth centre, Theatre, Public convenience, Allotment, Sports field, Wildlife Garden, others, etc.)
- Name of the organisation taking on the asset
- Ongoing transfer details (Freehold, Leasehold, Agreement to use/licence, length of lease/licence, month/year of transfer)
- Indicate if transfer was undertaken through a policy of Community Asset Transfer
- Details of retracted transfers (if applicable).
Please see the information requested attached. Marjority of disposals noted on the attached were undertaken via the Comhairle’s Disposal of Assets Policy. The policy comprised of four keys stages following an asset being declared as surplus:
Offer to Comhairle Departments
Offer to Registered Social Landlord
Offer to Community Groups
Offer on Open Market