The Comhairle approved an updated Procurement Policy in 2016. The objective of the Policy is to ensure a consistent, efficient and best practice approach to procurement across the Comhairle. The aims of the Policy are to:
- Ensure that all individuals involved in the procurement of works, goods and services have a clear understanding of what is required of them;
- Protect the Comhairle and the officers involved from the considerable risks associated with procurement not being properly conducted; and
- Ensure the outcomes as detailed in the Comhairle's Procurement Strategy are achieved.
The Comhairle approved a Sustainable Procurement Policy in 2016 which aims to:
- Set the policy themes which underpin sustainable procurement;
- Ensure that all individuals involved in the procurement of goods, works and services have a clear understanding of their role and what is required of them; and
- Ensure the outcomes, as detailed in the Comhairle’s Procurement Strategy, are achieved.
An action plan to promote sustainable procurement has been produced for 2013/14 using the Scottish Government's Flexible Framework.
The Procurement Steering Group has approved a Procurement Guide which contains information on how procurement should be carried out. The guide uses the Scottish Government Procurement Journey as the process to be followed when a tendering exercise is required.