The Corporate Policy Service consists of the Corporate Policy Manager and the Corporate Policy Officer. It is one of the service areas within the Executive Office in the Chief Executive’s Department and the Corporate Policy Manager reports directly to the Chief Executive. In terms of reporting to Committee, the Corporate Policy Service reports primarily to the Comhairle’s Policy and Resources Committee.
The Corporate Policy Service is responsible for:
- The Comhairle’s Corporate Strategy.
- European Policy and Funding.
- Administration of E-Sgìre – the Comhairle’s Communities Portal
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar’s 2020-2022 refreshed Corporate Strategy 2020-2022: Recovery and Renewal (592.5kB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file), approved by the Comhairle on 21 August 2020.
The service has:
- In consultation with Corporate Management Team, Elected Members, the public and other stakeholders, assisted in the development of a new Corporate Strategy for the period 2017-21.
- The Comhairle’s Corporate Strategy is aligned to the Outer Hebrides Community Planning Partnership’s Local Outcome Improvement Plan 2017-27.
- Responsibility for reviewing and reporting on the Corporate Strategy on an annual basis.
European Policy and Funding
The service will:
- Ensure that the Comhairle and partners secure maximum draw down of EU funds to the region from the EU Structural Funds and the Rural Development Funds 2014-2020.
- Participate in and continue to monitor and evaluate European Policy and Programme development and implementation 2014-2020.
- Assist the Comhairle and Highlands and Islands partners in shaping future regional policy, strategies, plans and future regional funding post-Brexit.
The Highlands & Islands European Partnership (HIEP)
The Highlands and Islands European Partnership, of which the Comhairle is a partner, has launched a Position Paper on Regional Policy (790.8kB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
UK Shared Prosperity Fund
All-party parliamentary group, Post-Brexit funding for nations, regions and local areas :
Report of an initial inquiry into the UK shared prosperity fund (558.7kB)
Scottish Parliament’s Finance and Constitution Committee
Funding of EU Structural Fund Priorities in Scotland, post-Brexit - Finance and Constitution Committee’s Call for Views (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
e-Sgìre (Opens in a new window or downloads a file): a hub for community information and opinion across the Western Isles.
Corporate Policy Manager
Tel: 018951 822616 (Internal: 211218)
Corporate Policy Officer
Tel: 01851 822616 (Internal: 211393)
Chief Executive's Department
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Isle of Lewis